Bookswarm’s Simon Appleby is expanding his teaching portfolio with a new short course at Kingston University, London. As part of its new range of short courses, delegates can now sign up for a five-day course, Developing an App Publishing Programme. Simon will be teaching in conjunction with Kjell Eldor, who is Digital Publishing Manager at Blackwell’s new digital development office in ‘Tech City’, Shoreditch, and Anna Faherty, who is Senior Lecturer on the Kingston University MA Publishing course, and also runs her own content development and digital publishing consultancy.
Digital is all around us, it is already the default option for many, and publishers need to understand all the opportunities that come with developing an app publishing programme.
On this course, you will learn about the differences in platforms and immerse yourself in how to create apps that will stand out and speak to your target audience – on all the latest tablets and smartphones. At the end of the course, you will have built your own prototype functioning app, as well as worked through the associated business planning tasks, equipping you with all the essential ‘know-how’ to get you ahead in the world of digital publishing.
After attending the course, delegates will be able to:
- Identify the benefits and challenges associated with app products and services, in the context of different publishing sectors.
- Define precise and effective requirements and specifications for digital products.
- Build a functioning prototype app, implement user testing methodologies and apply iterative development processes to deliver a market-ready product.
- Develop appropriate strategies for positioning your app in the marketplace.
- Establish and maintain successful working relationships with external suppliers and partners.
- Create effective post-launch enhancement programmes
The first running of the course will be 9 – 13 June 2014. Get more information and book